General Information: Most of the field work on both the Beachie and Riverside fires continues to be repairing of fire lines, patrolling and mop-up. There is an area closure in place, this is a necessity for the safety of firefighters and public. Recent winds and rains continue to weaken trees, increasing the danger of them falling. Wet roads create unsafe driving and working conditions for all.
Weather and Fire Behavior: Heavy rains and winds from last night will taper to light showers this morning. Temperatures will be near 50 degrees with west winds 11-14 mph and gusts up to 30 mph on the ridges. The recent weather will keep fire behavior to limited creeping and smoldering. Wet conditions can make it difficult and unsafe for firefighters to continue fire suppression repair work.
Riverside Fire: Firefighters were cautious of the muddy conditions that rain created yesterday. Work will be limited by the same conditions today.
Beachie Creek Fire: Heavy equipment work has been limited. Hand crews remain to finish fire suppression repair work where it is safe to do so.
Evacuations: Current evacuation information for: Marion County is available at www.co.marion.or.us/Alerts?AlertId=83 or by calling 503-588-5032, and for Linn County is available at www.linnsheriff.org/fire_live_updates_sept_2020/ or by calling 541-812-2260.
Closures: Multiple forest and area closures remain in effect for the safety of firefighters and the public. For the most up to date information, see the following websites:
- Mt. Hood National Forest www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mthood/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD811247
- Willamette National Forest www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/willamette/alerts-notices/?aid=61574
- Bureau of Land Management www.blm.gov/programs/public-safety-and-fire/fire-and-aviation/regional-info/oregon-washington/fire-restrictions.
- Oregon Department of Forestry https://www.oregon.gov/odf/fire/pages/restrictions.aspx
- Road Closures on TripCheck: www.tripcheck.com/
- Santiam State Forest is closed
After Wildfire Resources: For information regarding assistance after a wildfire about timber salvage, landowner assistance and replanting see the following website: https://www.oregon.gov/odf/fire/Pages/afterafire.aspx